Meeting began at 6:00 pm. Present were Selectmen Cloutier and Stohl. Selectman Campbell was absent.
Mail was reviewed
Checks and manifests were reviewed and signed.
On a motion made by Selectman Cloutier and seconded by Selectman Stohl, the Board approved the minutes of the August 9, 2023 meeting.
The Board reviewed the monthly reconciliation reports for all of the Town’s bank accounts.
Marcia informed the Board that Don Dawson (Netafy) was scheduled to attend tonight’s meeting but asked to be re-scheduled to the September 13th meeting.
The Board reviewed revenue amounts received through June 30, 2023 in order for Marcia to prepare the MS434 (Revised Estimated Revenues) report.
Marcia informed the Board that the auditors had been here last week to review the 2022 books,
The Board discussed road projects including:
1. Amounts spent to date – approximately $10,000.
2. Total amount appropriated – $180,000 plus $29,000 encumbered from 2022
3. Reviewed a paving quote from Dorman
4. Discussed section of Fish Pond that needs to be dug up and redone before paving. Perhaps encumber the money from this year to pave this section next year.
5. Discussed the possibility of putting some gravel down on a portion of Stoddard Road
Complaint from Barbara Schomburg about ditching done on Meridan Hill Road. Selectman Cloutier said he would view the site again.
Marcia reminded the Board that we still have $47,654.00 that the State allocated to the Town last year for bridge repairs. Marcia will contact DRA to see if there is a deadline as to when these funds have to be spent. Discussed the bridge on Bungy Road (by Fred Foss’ house) and whether or not it would be possible to replace it with a culvert.
Marcia informed the Board that she will be on vacation from Monday, September 18th to Thursday, September 21st.
Meeting adjourned at 7:45 pm.
Marcia Parkhurst, Secretary
Board of Selectmen