Meeting began at 6:00 pm. Present were Selectmen Cloutier, Stohl, and Campbell, as well as Road Agent David Cloutier.
Mail was reviewed.
Checks and manifests were reviewed and signed.
The minutes from the meeting held September 28, 2016 were approved by Selectman Campbell, and seconded by Selectman Cloutier.
The Board discussed the following road issues:
1. South Jordan Hill – ATV issues; first hill needs to be resurfaced.
2. Marshall Hill Road – 2 Culverts by Jackie Cass’ home are bad; needs cold patch.
3. Carr Road – Needs maintenance.
4. Meridan Hill Road – Letters sent to landowners, and notice in paper regarding culvert being changed October 25, and road being closed.
5. Bungy Road – discussed culvert in driveway.
6. Fish Pond Road – Needs coal patch.
Selectman Stohl mentioned that David White would be doing roadside mowing for the town.
Malcolm Washburn and Allen Bouthillier entered at 6:15 to discuss their tax yields.
Bouthillier wanted to know how the tax percentage was assessed, and suggested that other towns have the logger or forester fill out the assessment worksheet. Both Bouthillier and Washburn felt their rates were high. After long deliberation, the Selectmen agreed on refiguring their bills at 33%, and sending them each a new bill.
The Warrant for the General Election was signed by the Selectmen, as well as the Property Tax Warrant.
The meeting to be held on 10/20/2016 to discuss the Community Forest was cancelled by Nancy Smith, until further notice.
A Snowmobile Trail Permission form from the Colebrook Ski Bees was signed, with a one year term.
Pistol Permits were signed for Anibal Pires (duplicate), and Michael Sullivan.
Although Marcia was absent for the meeting she left a report on last year’s tax rate breakdown.
Meeting adjourned at 7:30. Selectman Stohl made motion, Selectman Cloutier seconded.
Deputy Town Clerk