Meeting began at 6:00 pm. Present were Selectmen Cloutier, Stohl and Campbell.
Mail was reviewed.
Checks and manifests were reviewed and signed.
At 6:00 pm Jason Rella entered the meeting to discuss painting the Town Office (exterior and interior). The following items were discussed:
- Would like to start around August lst.
- Plans to have everything completed in two weeks.
- Would like to receive ½ of bid price at the end of July with remainder after project is complete.
- Will give Jason a key to use so he can paint on weekends and evenings.
- Marcia gave Jason a list of the paint colors and the Board agreed that we would keep the original colors.
- Discussed crown molding in Town Clerk’s office. Said he would get a price on that.
- Discussed chair railing in Planning Board room and lobby area. He estimated a price of $150.00 to $200.00 to do this.
- Discussed moving furniture/electronics.
- Still need Certificate of Insurance and W-9 form from him.
Jason presented the Board with a contract and the Board told Mr. Rella that we generally have the Town’s attorney review it before signing. Marcia will forward it to Jon Frizzell. Mr. Rella left the meeting at 6:20 pm.
Cemetery Sexton Sheila Parkhurst came to the meeting to discuss the following:
- Changing the cemetery policy so that four cremation urns could be placed in a cremation lot. (Sheila will get a copy of Colebrook’s policy so we have some sample wording.)
- Discussed the roadway at the Keach Road Cemetery. Is starting to grow in.
- Discussed placement of ground stones.
Ms. Parkhurst left the meeting at 7:00 pm.
On a motion made by Selectman Campbell and seconded by Selectman Stohl, the Board approved the minutes of the May 9th and May 23rd meetings.
On a motion made by Selectman Cloutier and seconded by Selectman Stohl, the Board approved the Personnel Policy for the Northern Borders Dispatch Center. Selectman Campbell reminded the other Board members that there is a dispatch meeting tomorrow night.
The Board signed the Excavation Tax Warrant in the amount of $82.12.
The Board signed a Supplemental Property Tax Warrant in the amount of $651.00.
The Board signed an Abatement for the town-owned property formerly owned by the Vermont River Conservancy in the amount of $29.00.
A letter was received the US Fish & Wildlife Service stating that the Town will received $3,499.0 as a payment in lieu of taxes for this year.
An e-mail was received from George Sansoucy informing the Town that it was his opinion that the Town deny the Abatement Requests from Fairpoint (Northern New England Telephone) and Eversource for 2017. Marcia will prepare letters for the Board to sign at the next meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 8:03 pm.
Marcia Parkhurst, Secretary
Board of Selectmen